Former Texas women’s soccer standout
Erica Campanelli joined the UT Tyler staff in 2011 as an assistant coach for both
the men’s and women’s programs.
In her first season as an assistant she helped the women's program reach the ASC Tournament and help guide the Men's program to their first ever NCAA Elite-8.
Campanelli, a native of Plano, spent
four years with the Longhorns as a defender and served as team captain during her
junior and senior seasons. She graduated in May with a degree in sport
During the 2010 season, Campanelli was
an All-Big 12 Second Team selection and helped the Texas defense post eight
shutouts while keeping Big 12 opponents to just seven goals over 10 matches. During
her four-year career at UT, she started on the backline in every match played
by Texas. Her 88 starts rank fourth all-time at Texas.
Campanelli was three-time Academic
All-Big 12 First Team honoree and a three-time selection to the ESPN The
Magazine/CoSIDA Academic All-District team.
Year-by-Year at Texas
· Started in all 21 matches and played in 1,961 minutes.
· Registered two assists for the Longhorns.
· Started in all 21 matches and was the only Longhorn to play in every minute
of every match throughout the 2009 season.
· Registered the second goal of her career in the Longhorns Big 12 Championship
semifinal match against Texas A&M (Nov. 6) ... was successful on a penalty
kick for the score.
· Competed as a starting defender in all 21 matches...was one of four Longhorns
to start every match and was the only sophomore to do so.
· Posted first career assist in 1-0 win at Kansas (10/24).
· Aided the UT back line in allowing just 14 goals over 21 matches, the lowest
amount in program history.
· Also helped the Texas defense post a school record 11 shutouts.
· Only newcomer to start in all 24 games, playing the most minutes of any
freshman and third highest on the team (2,322).
· Recorded the game-tying goal, and first of her career, in a 3-2 victory over
second-seeded Texas A&M in the second round of the NCAA Soccer Championship
at the Aggie Soccer Complex.
· Aided the UT defense in holding 10 opponents scoreless and 19 teams to one
goal or less.
· Member of the U.S. Soccer Youth National Team: Under -16 (2005), Under-15
· Has come through the Region III ODP system since 2002... team captain for
Region III squad in 2003 and 2004.
· Played for the North Texas ODP team that finished third at the 2004 ODP
· Coached by Kenny Medina on the Dallas Texans Club team.
· Team captain for the D'Feeters Soccer Club (2000-06).
· Two-time All-District First Team defender (2003-05) for coach Diane Davey at
Plano High School.
· Served as team captain during the 2004 and 2005 seasons.
· Garnered the 2003-04 varsity soccer MVP honors.
· Two-time Plano Tournament of Champions All-Tournament Team member (2003-04).